Thank you to all of you who have supported Backpack Buddies! We have received sponsors for all of our backpacks for September 2020. If you'd like to get involved next year, send an email to email@example.com .
The pandemic has been difficult for many people, especially kids. The inner city kids in Surrey relied on the resources and activities provided to them from school, but that was taken away during the school closures. With the hopes of a better school year for the students we’d like to invite you to be a part of the Backpack Buddies program, where we will be gifting bags full of supplies for elementary aged students so they can have a fresh start this fall for the new school year.
Vancouver City Blessing is partnering with Metro Kids Society to distribute backpacks in early August to the families. We need your help to fill 100 backpacks with supplies. Supplies can range from stationery to anything to make the school year better (water bottles, lunch boxes etc).
By participating in the program, you'll receive a backpack from one of our team members along with a supplies list. We will need your help to purchase the supplies ($15-30) and fill the backpack. Here are the steps to get started:
1. Fill out the form below to sign up for the program
2. A team member will reach out to confirm your details and drop off/pickup times
3. Backpacks will be delivered to your desired location. You'll have a few days to fill them with the items on the supplies list.
4. We'll pick up the backpacks from you on the agreed upon date.
5. (Optional) You can join us in personally delivering the backpacks to the children in mid-August in Surrey!